Meriden Lions Club
The Meriden Lions Club, organized in 1923, is composed of individuals from various business sectors in the community. While focusing efforts on supporting the blind and handicapped, and on a variety of community service projects, club members were instrumental in the development of Lions Club Park. The City of Meriden, using a major Lions Club donation, was able to construct the two brownstone columns marking the entrance to the Quinnipiac River Gorge Trail.
Special thanks to Presidents William Panciera, Richard Carino,
and Past President, Francis Zygmont from the Meriden Linear Trail Committee.